Thursday, September 01, 2005

House plans, builder chosen, lots of little quacks.



Haven't posted in a while. Not much has been going on here, although the world has greatly changed with the aftermath of Katrina. I can not even imagine what those poor people are going through. I've lived on the coast and had runins with tropical storms and hurricanes, but we never got a really bad hit. I don't think I would have had the courage to stay in the city with that storm blasting down on top of me. I think of all the lost lives, homes, museums (that's what my career choice was) and the devastation and it is so very sad. I told Charles tonight though that maybe it was God's plan that the new basketball arena was built and Reunion Arena left with nothing to do. Maybe he knew these people would need the arena and the Astrodome for their temporary homes because of the disaster that befell them. If the new arena had not been built and the Astrodome was still in use, could they be used for the refugees? It makes you wonder. I thought at the time that a new arena was not necessary, but look what Reunion can do. It makes you think, doesn't it?

Oh, well, enough of that. We have finally decided on a builder for our house. We will continue to use the builder that has done all the work out here for us. I'm still unsure of brick with hardiplank. I think it will lose the character of a Victorian house with the brick added, but we'll see. We've chosen the Burgundy kingsize brick from Acme. Now I just have to decide the colors of the paint. I'm thinking 2 shades of green (jade, sage, etc) with cream, or taupe, red and cream or 2 shades of gray with white. Here are photos of the elevation drawings. You can double click on them and all of the photos here to see them larger.

Quackers. The ducks wanted to be fruitful and multiply. They are now sitting on 16 eggs. Wonder how many will hatch? Our last cat, Tiger has been cleared of all communicable diseases, so we are now free to get him a companion if we want to. That's great, because he lived over seven years with a FIP positive cat, our Jausenclaus.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

I love the pictures of your house! Good luck choosing the colors.