Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Mr. Boo Starts Kindergarten and a lot of catching up

Well, the day came and went. Not too much historical to think on, but my son is now officially a student. Of course, we were almost late getting him to school, they were lining up for chapel as we walked in the door. So, it wasn't as difficult as it could have been. It was actually a little bit of deja vu. He's at the same school, same teacher, but going 5 days instead of 2 and was wearing his chapel uniform instead of his everyday uniform. We kept him in the private school so that he can get a good foundation. I don't know if we'll keep him there after this. There are 2 boys and 5-7 girls in his class. They'll have reading, spelling, math, history, science, spanish, art, music and PE. Quite a lot for the little fellows. But, I think he'll enjoy it.

I just had the most wonderful news. One of my oldest and dearest friends just had twin daughters in June. How wonderful is that? I would love for Mr. Boo to have a brother or sister, but its looking dimmer everyday.

We've been very busy this summer. Mr. Boo spent a lot of time with my parents while I was dealing with packing up and renovating the old house. The past week we did some fun things together.

Hubby was deployed to the gulf to wait on Hurricane Dean. He left on Saturday and came back the next Wednesday when it was evident that Dean wanted to go to Mexico instead of Texas.

Farm life has been hottttttt. Those poor birds are just making it through the heat. We are selling more eggs than they can produce, so hubby wants more. I'm not so sure of that. Currently, we have 15 adolescent chicks that will lay blue/green eggs/10 baby guineas/5 young ducklings, 14 older ducks, 4 geese, 2 quail (heat got to some), 48 adult chickens, 2 adult sheep and 2 young lambs. Definitely not boring around here. We finally had the sheep sheared yesterday. We'd been having trouble finding someone, and a nice young girl from the high school helped us out.

I'm hoping that my business with Heritage Makers will increase now that I can devote more time to it. I worked at a trade show this past weekend and have a couple coming up this fall.

Well, guess that's it for now. I'll post a photo of Mr. Boo soon. The camera's in the car and I'm too lazy to get up and get it right now.

Suze

No comments: